Joint Diversity Executive Council
The California National Guard Joint Diversity Executive Council (JDEC) is a body designated to serve as a working advisory group to The Adjutant General and other leaders in the California Military Department (CMD), which include offices and agencies that contribute to the diversity management policies/principles of our organization. The Council’s mission is to “make a difference” by fostering an environment of inclusion.
TAG policies applicable to all personnel and Service Members of the California National Guard and California Military Department.
- Policy Memorandum 2020-07, Equal Opportunity
- Policy Memorandum 2020-08, Equal Employment Opportunity
- Policy Memorandum 2020-09, Prevention of Sexual Harassment
- Policy Memorandum 2020-10, Equal Opportunity Complaint Process
- Policy Memorandum 2020-11, Workplace Consideration of Others
- Policy Memorandum 2020-12, Diversity
- Policy Memorandum 2020-13, Fair Treatment
- Policy Memorandum 2020-14, California Military Department Equal Opportunity Training Process
Special Observances are employment related programs and events designed to provide cultural awareness. These observances were established by law (and/or local state law), bill, or resolution of Congress.
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. (3rd Monday of January)
- African American/Black History Month (February)
- Women’s History Month (March)
- Holocaust Remembrance Day/Days of Remembrance (April 12 / April 8-15)
- Asian American Pacific Islander Heritage Month (May)
- LGBT Pride Month (June)
- Women’s Equality Day (26 August)
- Hispanic Heritage Month (15 September – 15 October)
- National Disability Employment Awareness Month (October)
- National American Indian Heritage Month (November)
See the Defense Equal Opportunity Management Institute to learn more.
Diversity Outreach Awards. Air and Army National Guard members can be recognized by external community organizations. The Air and Army National Guard can formally recognize individuals and organizations that strengthen our force by reaching out to our communities to build meaningful partnerships with them. All California National Guard members are highly encouraged to nominate individuals for these prestigious awards.
NOTE: Certain websites may change without notice to include dates of submissions and events. Reference and contact the appropriate military branch (ARNG or ANG at NGB) for additional assistance/information and submission requirements.
Types of Awards/Events
- American Indian Science and Engineering Society (AISES) Conference Awards
- Asian American Engineer of the Year (AAEOY) and Chinese Institute of Engineers Awards
- Black Engineer of the Year (BEYA) Awards
- Blacks in Government (BIG) Meritorious Service Award
- Federal Asian Pacific American Council (FAPAC) Military Meritorious Service Award
- Great Minds in STEM (GMIS) Awards
- Hispanic Engineer National Achievement Award Corporation (HENAAC) Cadet Role Model Awards
- Joint Women’s Leadership Symposium (JWLS)
- League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC) Award
- National Action Council for Minorities in Engineering (NACME) Awards
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) Roy Wilkins Renown Service Award
- National Guard Excellence in Diversity Awards
- National IMAGE Meritorious Service Award
- National LATINA Style Distinguished Service Award
- National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE) Awards
- Outstanding Department of Defense Employees or Service Members with a Disability Award
- Society of American Indian Government Employees (SAIGE) Meritorious Service Award
- Society of Women Engineers (SWE) Awards
- Stars & Stripes Awards
- Tuskegee Airmen Inc.
- Women of Color (WOC) STEM Awards
Awards/Events Submission Requirements
Each servicing military branch have different submission requirements for the specified outreach awards.
NGB: Submissions and inquiries for the NGB Excellence in Diversity Awards directed to NGB Office of Diversity and Inclusion (NGB-DI) at (703) 601-2267.
ARNG: Submissions and inquiries for Army National Guard can be directed to ARNG Equal Opportunity and Diversity Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
ANG: Submissions and inquiries for Air National Guard can be directed to the ANG Diversity Office at: email@example.com.
California Military Department
Joint Force Headquarters
9800 Goethe Road
Sacramento, California 95827-9101