Equal Opportunity and Equal Employment Opportunity
- Federal EEO
- Military EO
- California State EEO
- No FEAR Act Data
- Section 508 and ABA
- Special Observances
- TAG Policies
Provide Equal Opportunity and Equal Employment Opportunity for all Service Members and employees of the California National Guard or California Military Department. In addition, job applicants and applicants for membership for the California National Guard or California Military Department will not be subject to illegal discrimination. All Service Members and employees are entitled to serve in an environment free from discrimination and harassment.
It is the goal of the agency to resolve and settle all allegations and complaints of discrimination fairly, equitably, and expeditiously. Whenever possible, complaints will be resolved at the lowest appropriate command level. Personnel who feel that they have been subjected to illegal discrimination have the legal right to participate in the complaint process. Personnel filing complaints will not be discouraged from filing a complaint due to fear of reprisal and/or retaliation. Allegations of discrimination and harassment (sexual/non-sexual) will be given prompt attention and resolved as expeditiously as possible.
The Federal Equal Employment Opportunity program focuses on the comprehensive effort to eliminate unlawful discrimination and harassment and provide fair treatment for all Federal Employees of the California Military Department without regard to Age (40 or older), Color, Disability, Genetic Information, Harassment (Sexual/Non Sexual), National Origin, Race, Religion, Retaliation, and Sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation). Federal Employees of the California Military Department include United States Codes Title 32, Military Technicians and Title 5 civilians and job applicants for either status.
- Annual Federal EEO Policy Notification
- EEO Management Directive for 29 C.F.R. part 1614 (EEO-MD-110)
- CMDI 9600.01 Federal Equal Employment Opportunity Program (.pdf)
- CMDI 9600.01, Anti-Harassment Prevention Policy (.pdf)
- CMDI 9600.02, Reasonable Accommodation Policy (.pdf)
- CMDM 9600.01, Federal EEO Discrimination Complaints Process (.pdf)
- CMDM 9600.02, Reasonable Accommodation Procedures (.pdf)
- CNG Form 690-50, Request and Authorization for Reasonable Accommodation (.pdf)
- NGB Form 713-5, NGB Formal Complaint of Discrimination (.pdf)
- Federal EEO Training (.pdf)
The Military Equal Opportunity program focuses on the comprehensive effort to eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment, and provide fair treatment for all Military Service Members of the California National Guard without regard to Color, National Origin, Race, Religion, Reprisal, Sex-Gender, or Sexual Orientation. Service Members include United States Code Title 32 Active Guard Reserve, Active Duty Operational Support, Traditional Soldiers and Airmen. Service Members serving in Title 10, Active Duty, should contact their local servicing Equal Opportunity office for assistance due to having different processing procedures.
The State Equal Employment Opportunity program focuses on California’s civil rights laws, the prevention of unlawful discrimination and harassment, and provide fair treatment for all Service Member of State Active Duty (SAD), State Military Reserve (SMR), and State Civil Service Employees (SCS) without regard to Age (over 40), Ancestry / National Origin, Disability (Mental and Physical), Gender Identity / Gender Expression, Genetic Information, Marital Status, Medical Condition, Military and Veteran Status, Race / Color, Religion / Creed, Sex – Gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), and Sexual Orientation.
- California Military Veteran’s Code, Sections 101, 130, 142, and 163
- California Department of Fair Employment and Housing
- State EEO Upward Mobility Plan (.pdf)
- CMD Form 333, State Discrimination Complaint (.pdf)
- CMD Form 690-50, Request for Reasonable Accommodation (.pdf)
- SAD Discrimination Complaint Statement of Rights (.pdf)
- SCS Discrimination Complaint Statement of Rights (.pdf)
- CMDI 9600.00, CMD EO Policy and Discrimination Complaint System for SAD/SMR (.pdf)
California National Guard / California Military Department, Equal Employment Opportunity Data Posted Pursuant to Title III of the Notification and Federal Employee Anti-discrimination and Retaliation Act of 2002 (No FEAR Act), Pub. L. 107-174.
Section 301 of the Notification and Federal Employee Anti-discrimination and Retaliation Act of 2002 (the No Fear Act), requires each federal agency to post summary statistical data pertaining to complaints of employment discrimination filed against it by employees, former employees and applicants for employment under 29 C.F.R. Part 1614. The specific data to be posted is described in section 301(b) of the Act and 29 CFR 1614.704. The required summary statistical data for EEO complaints filed against the EEOC is available below.
In addition, section 302 of the No Fear Act requires EEOC to post government-wide, summary statistical data pertaining to hearings requested under 29 C.F.R. Part 1614 and appeals filed with EEOC. The specific data to be posted is described in section 302(a) of the Act and 29 CFR 1614.706. That data is also available below. The posting of EEO data on agency public web sites is intended to assist Congress, Federal agencies and the public to assess whether and the extent to which agencies are living up to their equal employment opportunity responsibilities.
- No FEAR Act Data
Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended (29 U.S.C. § 794d)
Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act (Section 508) requires all federal agencies to provide electronic and information communication (ICT) to be accessible to people with disabilities (PWD). Examples of ICT include web sites, phones, multimedia devices, and copiers. Access available to PWD must be comparable to access available to others. Standards for Section 508 compliance are developed and maintained by the U.S. Access Board. For more information or questions about support, go to: the Section 508 website or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information about filing a complaint under Section 508, contact the EEO Office. To file a complaint against another agency, contact that agency’s Section 508 Coordinator found at: Section508 Coordinator Listing.
Architectural Barriers Act of 1968 (42 U.S.C. §§ 4151–57)
The U.S. Access Board is the federal agency responsible for enforcing the Architectural Barriers Act (ABA) which requires access to facilities designed, built, altered, or leased with federal funds. Accessibility standards are located at: Access Board Guidelines and Standards. For information about filing a complaint regarding ABA issues, contact the EEO Office.
Special Observances are employment related programs and events designed to provide cultural awareness. These observances were established by law, Presidential Executive Orders, bill, or resolution of Congress. The Defense Equal Opportunity Management Institute (DEOMI), appointed by the Department of Defense (DoD), serves to present DoD approved themes and products in support of such notable events.
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. (3rd Monday of January)
- African American/Black History Month (February)
- Women’s History Month (March)
- Days of Remembrance & Holocaust Remembrance Day (April – May)
- Asian American Pacific Islander Heritage Month (May)
- Pride Month (June)
- Juneteenth (19 June)
- Women’s Equality Day (26 August)
- Hispanic Heritage Month (15 September – 15 October)
- National Disability Employment Awareness Month (October)
- National American Indian Heritage Month (November)
See the Defense Equal Opportunity Management Institute to learn more.
TAG policies applicable to all personnel and Service Members of the California National Guard and California Military Department.
- Policy Memorandum 2020-07, Equal Opportunity (.pdf)
- Policy Memorandum 2020-08, Equal Employment Opportunity (.pdf)
- Policy Memorandum 2020-09, Prevention of Sexual Harassment (.pdf)
- Policy Memorandum 2020-10, Equal Opportunity Complaint Process (.pdf)
- Policy Memorandum 2020-11, Workplace Consideration of Others (.pdf)
- Policy Memorandum 2020-12, Diversity (.pdf)
- Policy Memorandum 2020-13, Fair Treatment (.pdf)
- Policy Memorandum 2020-14, California Military Department Equal Opportunity Training Process (.pdf)
California Military Department
Consolidated Headquarters Complex
EO & EEO Office
10601 Bear Hollow Drive, Box 06
Rancho Cordova, California 95670-6350
Help Line: (916) 854-3177
Option 1: Federal EEO
Option 2: Military EO
Option 3: CA State EO & EEO
To contact us, submit a EO/EEO Assistance Contact Us Request.