Air Senior Enlisted Advisor
Chief Master Sergeant Lynn E. Williams
Senior Enlisted Advisor
California Air National Guard
Chief Master Sergeant Lynn E. Williams
Chief Master Sergeant Lynn E. Williams is the Joint Staff Senior Enlisted Leader, California National Guard in Sacramento, California. He serves as the Senior Enlisted Leader to the Director, Joint Staff, responsible for staff resourcing and management of enlisted personnel, and contributor to the execution of federal and state Joint Operations and Fragmentary Orders. He is a Traditional Guardsman that helps communicate the Director’s intent and guidance, seeks to obtain situational wisdom through Key Leaders Engagement and Battlefield Circulations. Leveraging the strengths of California’s Army and Air National Guard components and the State Military Reserve to organized, resource and train a dynamic force with unique capabilities ready to support the community, state and nation in time of need.
Chief Williams entered the Air Force in May 1989 as an F-16 Tactical Aircraft Maintenance Apprentice. His background includes various positions within his career in Air Combat Command. Chief Williams’ past duty titles include F-16 Tactical Aircraft Maintenance Apprentice, F-16 Aircraft Maintenance Quality Assurance Inspector, Maintenance Squadron First Sergeant, Wing First Sergeant, Wing Human Resource Advisor, and Maintenance Group Superintendent.
Chief Williams has deployed in support of Operations ENDURING FREEDOM, SOUTHERN WATCH, CORONET NIGHTHAWK, Sentry Eagle, WSEP and recently Joint Task Force Vigilant, Southwest Border Mission. In his civilian capacity, Chief Williams is a retired Parole Agent and served Fresno for 21 years. He held positions within his department on the California Fugitive Apprehension Team (CPAT), and Global Position System (GPS) Violent Sex Offenders Unit. Chief Williams is also employed by Fresno City College as a criminal justice adjunct instructor and physical fitness instructor for the police academy.
- 1989 Basic Military Training, Lackland Air Force Base (AFB), Texas
- 1990 F-16 Tactical Aircraft Maintenance School, Sheppard AFB, Texas
- 1990 F-16 Tactical Aircraft Maintenance Follow-on Training, Hill AFB, Utah
- 1992 Airman Leadership School, Fresno Air National Guard Base (ANGB), Calif.
- 2000 I.G. Brown Air National Guard Noncommissioned Officer Satellite Academy, McGhee Tyson ANGB, Tenn.
- 2003 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy Correspondence Course
- 2003 Contemporary Base Issues Course, Fresno ANGB, Calif.
- 2005 Human Resources Advisor Course, McGhee Tyson ANGB, Tenn.
- 2008 Diversity of Champions Course, Phoenix, Ariz.
- 2012 ANG Chief Executive Course, Andrews AFB, MD
- 2013 Aircraft Maintenance Plans and Scheduling Course, Sheppard AFB, Texas
- 2017 Chief Leadership Course, Maxwell Gunter AFB, Ala.
- 2017 Bachelors of Criminal Justice, University of Phoenix, Fresno, Calif.
- 2017 Associate’s degree Aircraft Plans and Scheduling, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
- 2020 Contemporary Base Issues Course (CBI), Fresno Air National Guard Base (ANGB), Calif.
- 2020 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education (SEJPME I)
- May 1989 – Nov 1995, F-16 Tactical Aircraft Maintenance Crew Chief, 144th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Fresno ANGB, Calif.
- Nov 1995 – Aug 2000, Aircraft Maintenance Inspector, 144th Maintenance Group, Fresno ANGB, Calif.
- Aug 2000 – Sep 2004, Aircraft Maintenance Squadron First Sergeant, 144th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Fresno ANGB, Calif.
- Sep 2004 – Nov 2005, Wing First Sergeant, 144th Fighter Wing, Fresno ANGB, Calif.
- Nov 2005 – Jul 2009, Wing Human Resources Advisor, 144th Fighter Wing, Fresno ANGB, Calif.
- Jul 2009 – Aug 2017, Maintenance Operations Flight Superintendent, 144th Maintenance Operations Flight, Fresno ANGB, Calif.
- Aug 2017- Sep 2018, Maintenance Group Superintendent, 144th Maintenance Group, Fresno ANGB, Calif.
- Sep 2018 to Present Maintenance Operations Flight Superintendent, 144th Maintenance Operations Flight, Fresno ANGB, Calif.
- Sep 2019 – Dec 2019, Interim Wing Command Chief, 144th Fighter Wing, Fresno ANGB, Calif.
Major Awards and Decorations
- Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
- Air Force Commendation Medal
- Army Commendation Medal
- Air Force Achievement Medal
- Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with three silver oak leaf cluster clusters
- Air Force Reserves Forces Meritorious Service Medal
- National Defense Service Medal
- Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
- Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
- California Commendation Medal two oak leaf clusters
- 1993 144th Fighter Wing Outstanding Airman of the Year
- 1995 144th Fighter Wing Outstanding NCO of the Year
- 2001 144th Aircraft Maintenance First Sergeant of the Year
- 2002 144th Fighter Wing First Sergeant of the Year
- 2003 144th Fighter Wing First Sergeant of the Year
- 2004 California Air National Guard First Sergeant of the Year
- 2015 President Wing Chief’s Council
- 2019 CA NAACP Roy Wilkins Service Award nominee
Effective Dates of Promotions
- Airman First Class May 15, 1989
- Senior Airman Jan. 1, 1991
- Staff Sergeant Feb. 1, 1993
- Technical Sergeant May 1, 1996
- Master Sergeant Sep. 9, 2000
- Senior Master Sergeant Sep. 9, 2005
- Chief Master Sergeant Sep. 9, 2009
(Current as of March 2020)